Follow us on Twitter for the latest Chromalloy updates.
Read our blog to stay up to date with the latest news at Chromalloy.
Connect with us on LinkedIn.
Chromalloy is looking for a Purchasing Manager to be a key member of the Global Sourcing & Regional Procurement team and an integral part of the Chromalloy San Antonio Leadership Team. The Purchasing Manager has direct supervisory responsibility for the Purchasing team in San Antonio and has overall Site accountability for business process management, cost management, supplier performance, supplier relations, and initiating and executing strategic sourcing initiatives at a site level.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing day to day leadership and direction to the Site’s purchasing team to deliver against cost management targets and provide support to the Site in a number of activities, including but not limited to:
- Collaborating with operations to define material and service needs
- Negotiating and managing purchase orders to meet site demands
- Maintaining supplier performance (OTD, Fill Rate, and Quality)
- Ensuring adherence to internal procurement performance expectations
- Identifying and executing on continuous improvement opportunities
- Providing information and analysis for make/buy decisions
- Developing and managing purchasing cost savings opportunities
- Negotiating supplier agreements
- Assisting Global Sourcing leadership with defined projects and executing strategic sourcing initiatives
- Supporting Site Planning to ensure RM inventory levers (Kanban, min/max, etc..) remain current and accurate
- Ensuring supplier lead-time accuracy in demand system
- Aligning payment terms
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of key supplier business & financial risks
Challenges of this role will include:
- Working in a matrix organization and balancing corporate procurement targets with site demands
- Establishing trust and credibility with site leadership
- Building strong influencing relationships throughout the organization
- Balancing the need to drive cost savings while maintaining a focus on delivering key supplies to the San Antonio operations
- Demonstrating a results focus by delivering quick wins
Core Competencies needed:
- Thought Leadership - Intellectually sharp, critical thinker, capable and agile; Creates and drives competitive & breakthrough vision, strategy, and plans; Consistently challenges & improves thinking and decision making of team.
- Action & Result Orientation - High energy, drive, and sense of urgency; Consistently delivers top performance; Drives action and delivers outstanding results through others.
- Personal Accountability - Recognizes own development areas; Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; Owns actions and results; keeps commitments.
- Change Leadership - Supports and mobilizes resources to drive change; Understands and applies sound change management processes.
- Attracting, Developing & Deploying Talent - Understands and takes advantage of a global and diverse workforce & marketplace; Promotes and encourages diverse ideas and solutions from team.
- Inspiring & Motivating - Shares ownership and visibility, engages and empowers team to excel; Builds trust, develops confidence of people, and focus to deliver plans; Persuasively articulates the strategy, translating into actions and results.
- Values-driven - Adheres to the core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values in others.
- Operational Leadership - Provides strong Operations leadership, able to deliver to key Operational metrics (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost Productivity & People); Understands value chain, able to build operational excellence through leadership of multiple organizational functions including operations, engineering, quality, planning, finance, HR.
- Business and Commercial Acumen - Demonstrates and unwavering awareness of customers and their needs; Financially astute with an ability to accurately manage cost, budget planning and forecasting.
- Communication - Ability to influence and build relationships, motivating and inspiring others through highly effective communication and exemplary presentation skills; Ability to present complex ideas in a compelling and comprehensive manner.
Qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or related field of study or significant sourcing/procurement work experience and training is required
- Experience o Minimum 5-years of progressive experience including at least 3-years in a leadership role in a similar operating environment / scope
- Proven record of accomplishments that achieved bottom line profitability
- Demonstrated proficiency in purchasing tools and techniques
- Demonstrated proficiency in procure-to-pay and MRP systems
- Demonstrated leadership capability; Experience working with and supporting a team to create accountability in a results oriented environment
- Demonstrated success in a cross-functional team environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and executing procurement strategies and programs, involving supplier partnerships.
- Demonstrated comprehension of materials management systems, pricing, and information technology which support procurement and distribution operations. E-procurement, total cost modeling, and reverse auctioning experience preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and manage complex and difficult negotiations resulting in a win/win conclusion.
- Operational Excellence training and/or certification (e.g. 6-Sigma, Lean, Continuous Improvement, etc.) preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel 10% of the time.
- Local Candidates or the ability to relocate
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.
Latest from Twitter
- 1/16/2019 3:36:02 PM #Hiring Coating Operator- LaGrange, GA https://t.co/vPnsKH54yI
- 1/16/2019 3:33:02 PM #Hiring Coating Operator https://t.co/L42ZLdGtmJ