Follow us on Twitter for the latest Chromalloy updates.
Read our blog to stay up to date with the latest news at Chromalloy.
Connect with us on LinkedIn.
POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of the Weld Engineer is to develop, implement and improve weld processes for turbine engine components made from Nickel and Cobalt superalloys. The Weld Engineer will provide continual support for GTAW and Laser weld operations by monitoring key metrics and implementing corrective actions with operations to meet those metrics. Additionally, the Weld Engineer will support production and continuous improvement activities throughout the facility as they relate to gas turbine component manufacture and repair.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties and responsibilities regularly performed for this position are:
• Develop, implement, and improve upon weld processes (GTAW and Laser Welding)
• Serve as technical lead for welding technology and processes
• Monitor process metrics and drive adherence and improvement to those metrics
• Participate in continuous improvement activities
• Assist in training and qualification of welding personnel
• Write procedures, specifications and other technical documents
• Create, review, and revise technical drawings
• Customer support technical liaison
• Adhere to all Company health, safety and environmental policies while performing job duties
• Adhere to and promote Corporate Code of Ethical Standards
• Adhere to and promote Company Quality System
• Regular and reliable attendance
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: The specific EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE requirements of this position are:
• Able to read/write in English
• B.S. or higher in engineering discipline required, Welding or Materials Engineering Preferred
• 3+ years of welding experience with Nickel or Cobalt superalloys
• Laser welding experience preferred
The specific SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE required for this position are:
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of common manufacturing processes and procedures
• Interpretation of drawings/models/blueprints
• CNC and Robot programming preferred, but not required
• Ability to multitask and work multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.
Latest from Twitter