QUALITY CHARACTERISTICS: The ideal candidate must demonstrate high level critical thinking skills and aptitude for solving complex problems while demanding integrity, sense of urgency, accountability and attention to detail. Successful foundational skills include leadership, exceptional verbal and written communication ability, working independently and a desire to continuously improve processes while keeping safety paramount. Understanding of 5S implementation, Lean Manufacturing, and 8 Forms of Waste is desired.
- Five years’ proven experience working with super alloys including waspalloy, Inconel, rené, titanium metals, etc.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication, equipment operations and aircraft engine repair processes and principles.
- Ability to perform visual inspections.
- Understanding of aviation terms and working knowledge of applicable technical publications. Ability to speak and listen effectively to follow instructions in English. Ability to write and speak complete sentences and understand verbal and written instructions in English
- Interpret drawings and applicable technical data to use in repairs.
- Use calibrated instruments and tooling to perform critical measurements.
- Inspect parts and sub-assemblies to determine the type of welding process and rods required to perform task.
- Operate oxy-acetylene torch to cut, braze, weld and solder.
- Operate spot welder.
- Certify weld test plates.
- Make necessary adjustments to welding equipment to ensure satisfactory weld(s).
- Weld parts that are certified by X-ray (RT) and make necessary adjustments to correct any deficiency.
- Interpret FPI indications.
- Perform quality detailing work (grinding, polishing, etc).
- Manufacture and modify purging tools as required.
- Produce engine airframe components within airworthiness standards.
- Install fabricated details onto assemblies & sub-assemblies and inspect for proper fit prior to welding.
- May be required to perform other duties as company workload dictates.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.
Latest from Twitter