Follow us on Twitter for the latest Chromalloy updates.
Read our blog to stay up to date with the latest news at Chromalloy.
Connect with us on LinkedIn.
• Knowledge of preparation and painting of aircraft parts.
• Prepare Aircraft Parts for painting by selecting surface preparation techniques which result in proper adherence of coating materials.
• Prepares and apply standard coating materials following specific oral and written instructions.
• Set up, maintain, and operate typical shop equipment as paint mixers, HVLP paint guns.
• Use paint wands for painting inner diameters from 6 feet to 10 feet long.
• Trouble shoot paint schemes
• Setup manometers, temperature/humidity controls to operate paint booths.
• Read paperwork to determine cleaning, masking and paint requirements as required.
• Fill out paper work on components and equipment
• Proper use of paint spray respirator
• Operate equipment such as grit blasters for burnishing of coatings.
• Operate manual and computerized oven controls.
• Mix and apply various primers and topcoat finishes such as epoxies, polyurethanes, solid film lubes, Ceral and Sermatel as required. Some Paints may contain zinc chromates.
• Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and tools.
• Properly disposal of paint and other waste materials per environmental health and safety regulations.
• May be required to perform other duties as company workload dictates.
• Ability to work independently with good decision-making skills
• Clean up shop and after yourself when finish painting
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions delivered in written, oral, or diagram form. • Ability to solve problems using appropriate critical thinking skills. • Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. • Demonstrate a good mechanical aptitude. • Know how to read and use calibrated tooling and equipment such as but not limited to dial indicators, radius gages, hardness tester, thickness gage, go/no go gages, and micrometers. • Proficiency using Microsoft Office Software • Ability to read, speak, write, understand and verbally express ideas and instructions in English and ability to effectively communicate with peers, subordinates, supervisors and management personnel, customers and external party auditors. • Good organizational and planning skills • Maintain effectiveness in stressful situations Education: High School Diploma
• Ability to mix paints and primers. Compute mix ratios for mixing paint materials.
• Ability to operate paint mixers, HVLP paint guns, climate controlled booths and computerized ovens.
• Ability to occasionally operate industrial truck or electric hoist in performance of work.
• Ability to perform frequent lifting, pushing and pulling of 30-50 lbs.
• Ability to perform visual inspections.
• Must be able to pass initial and annual health/respiratory evaluations and wear applicable Personnel Protective Equipment
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.
Latest from Twitter